Plan to Increase Access to Results of EPA-Funded Scientific Research
On February 22, 2013, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) directed federal agencies that conduct research to develop plans ensuring peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals and related digital scientific research data resulting from federally-funded scientific research are accessible to the public. In response, our Plan to Increase Access to Results of EPA-Funded Scientific Research describes the steps EPA will take to meet those directives. The Plan was finalized on December 5, 2016. Now that the plan has been completed, we will be working towards implementing it in phases.
- Phase 1 – ORD intramural research publications and related research data effective January 1, 2016.
- Phase 2 – Non-ORD intramural research publications effective during 2017. Non-ORD intramural research data effective during 2018.
- Phase 3 – All EPA extramural research publications and related data effective with funding agreements completed during 2018.
Click here to access the Plan to Increase Access to Results of EPA-Funded Scientific Research
Selected Open Government Efforts
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Open Government Plan 4.0
- EPA Digital Strategy
- Petitions for Rulemaking
- Periodic Retrospective Reviews of Existing Regulations - Progress Report (January 2016) on EPA's retrospective review plan. To learn more about retrospective reviews, visit our Retrospective Review History page.
- EPA Region 7 Launches Facebook Page Exit